How to Become a World Class Fashion Designer
What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language.
Fashion design is a booming industry all over the world. People are interested in new type of clothing and accessories every day. This creates a market with over 7 billion customers with a $2.4 trillion worth(According to McKinsey 2017 Survey).
A fashion designer typically does the following;
- Study fashion trends and anticipated designs that will appeal to customers.
- Use sketches and computer-aided design to create designs.
- Select fabrics, embellishments, color or a style for each garment or accessory.
- Work with other designers or team members to create prototype designs.
- Oversee final production of their designs
- Market their designs to clothing retailers/consumers
To become a fashion designer you need a diploma in fashion design and garment making. Hemland College of Professional and Technical Studies offers the course in a well-equipped workshop.
To make sure you’re more competitive in the market, we provide you with free computer packages training and a free international language e.g. French, Spanish or German.
To be a fashion designer you need to have:
Fashion designers work with a variety of fabrics, shapes and colors .You must be able to create unique functional and stylish designs.
Fashion designers must have a good eye for a small difference in color and other details to be successful.
We created an article on how you can choose the right career. Click here to read it.
Some of best fashion designers include:
- Sally Karago
- Patricia Mbela
- John Kaveke
- Coco Chanel
- Donna Karan
- Giorgio Armani
- Calvin Klein